frequently asked questions

Do you process Irish passport application forms?

We have a supply of Irish passport application forms which can be collected at our office in Surry Hills. Paper applications must be lodged with the Irish Consulate in Sydney. For information on online applications please see

Iā€™m struggling financially, can you help?

The ISA does not provide cash payments to clients. We can help you get back on your feet by assisting you with job searches and applications and/or accessing entitlements and services. In certain cases we can provide crisis assistance with rent and food costs following an assessment of circumstances.

What area do you cover?

We provide assistance to Irish people and those of Irish heritage across New South Wales. There are other support groups covering Queensland, Western Australia and Victoria. You can find their details here.

Do you provide immigration advice?

In Australia, it is illegal for anyone to give migration advice without being registered by the Office of the MARA. Individuals who ignore this law can face heavy penalties. We can, however, refer you to suitably registered immigration agents who can assist you.

How can I get involved with the Irish Support Agency?

There are many ways to get involved with the Irish Support Agency. Membership is a great way to get involved in the Irish community in NSW and help support the work we do. We are always keen to hear from volunteers who can help us with anything from serving tea at our drop in, to organising a fundraising event. Complete our online volunteer form and we will get in touch.

What are your business hours?

We operate from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. We also run a 24 hour emergency phone line on 02 9300 801 outside these hours. Please note that outside office hours is for emergency assistance only. If you would like to visit our office please call ahead to ensure that there will be someone there when you visit as we are often visiting others in the community.